TECHNOLOGIE UND METHODENPLATTFORM FUR DIE VERNETZTE MEDIZINISCHE FORSCHUNG (TMF) is a member-based non-profit organisation, which brings together the German academic community in biomedical and healthcare research including University hospitals in various topic groups. These topic groups develop concepts, standards and templates with a focus on data protection law, interoperability, IT and data quality and research politics. TMF represents the community with regard to the relevant authorities and the legislator as well as on the international level and is a permanent partner of The German Health Ministry in developing strategies for eHealth and big data applications in healthcare. It leads the Coordination and Support Action in the role of an overall coordinator of the national Medical Informatics Initiative in Germany.
Main tasks in the project
MLCF will execute the tasks as described in WP 8. In essence those are (many of those tasks are performed in close collaboration with partner TMF):
- to provide legal and ethical advice to the other partners;
- assist in and oversee compliance with data protection;
- draft reports about the necessary measures in order to achieve compliance;
- coordinate the necessary Data Protection Impact Assessments;
- assist TMF with the ELAB (ethical and legal advisory board);
- research into digital devices and personal freedom;
- research into the interplay of digital devices, patients and a learning health care sys-tem in general.