Imperial College London (ICL) is a world top ten university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Consistently rated amongst the world’s best universities, ICL is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines. Located in the heart of London, Imperial is a multidisciplinary space for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle global challenges. The Data Science Institute (DSI) is one of the six Global Institutes of Imperial College London. The Institute supports data-driven research in various application domains, particularly in medicine and healthcare. In collaboration with hospitals and clinicians, researchers at the DSI are working on analysing patient cohort datasets relating to complex heterogeneous diseases. The DSI has also been developing computational strategies for big data analytics.
Main tasks in the projectICL will lead the WP5 Data Management in the project. Main tasks include:
- Define data management strategy;
- Design data standards clinical study with respect to sleep/fatigue/QoL/ADL and the ontology for sensor measurements;
- Clinical and sensor data harmonisation;
- Design and deliver data management platform;
- Develop a decentralised Blockchain-based access control system and integrate with data management platform;
- Develop integrated data analytics pipeline.
- WP2 and WP6, with clinical data collection and curation;
- WP3 and WP4, with device-specific data collection and curation;
- WP7 with integrated analysis.